Phoenix Pre-K through 12 School
Owner: Plaquemine Parish School Board
General Contractor: Satterfield & Pontikes
Architect: Yeates & Yeates Architect
Completion Date: 2014
A new 98,000 square foot school built to accommodate up to 500 students. It is a three-story facility built on the site of the previous school which was destroyed after Hurricane Katrina. The school’s remote location presented challenges for the workers & materials to reach the site and maintain schedules.
- Brick - 567,000 units of Acme Yankee Hill
- Cast Stone - Various column capitals, straight copings, and water table assemblies from Continental Cast Stone
- CMU - 77,000 CMU units provided Premiere Concrete Products
- Ground Faced Units - 52,000 units provided by Featherlite
- Glazed Units - 13,800 units provided by Alajon
In addition to the challenges mentioned above, the project faced another challenge. “Hurricane Isaac” hit midway through construction which required intense effort to manage schedules & cost.
13073 Highway 15
Braithwaite, LA 70040